Any passenger under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a passenger at least 15 years of age or older at all times. Passengers between the ages of 8 and 12 years of age inclusive, may travel unaccompanied paying the child fare if the following conditions are met in their entirety:
- The passenger’s trip will begin and end on the same schedule (no transfers).
- The passenger’s trip will be no longer than five (5) hours in duration.
- The passenger’s trip (origin to destination) must take place during daylight hours only.
- Both the origin and destination stations are full service agencies or company operated facilities.
- The destination station will be open at the time the passenger is scheduled to arrive.
- Parent, Guardian, or Legal Custodian of the child must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form authorizing the child to make the trip and must be returned to the Customer Service Agent on duty. This form specifically names the person authorizing the trip and the person meeting the child at the destination station and the telephone number(s) which this person may be contacted. It also provides an emergency contact name and telephone number in the event it is needed.
- In order for the child to be released at the destination, the person named on the Unaccompanied Child Form as the one meeting the child must have positive picture identification, such as a driver’s license or Government issued identification card, and provide such to the agent at the destination station. Without such identification, the child will be released into the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement officials in the destination city.
- The parents/guardian and child must arrive 30 minutes prior to schedule departure time
- The parents/guardian greeting the child upon arrival should at the destination location 15 minutes prior to the child arriving at the destination point.
If any of the above conditions are not met, then the Child must be accompanied by a passenger at least 15 years of age or older in order to travel.
The Unaccompanied Child Form is only valid for one-way travel. A new Unaccompanied Child Form will be required when returning.
Tickets for Unaccompanied Children can only be purchased at our Terminals and Agencies and are not available online. Unaccompanied Children will also require a form to be filled out by a legal parent/guardian.