If overnight service isn’t quick enough or you’re tired of tracking down couriers, we’re on it! Whatever your shipping needs, big or small, we can accommodate you!
Why Choose Maritime Bus Parcel Express?
Same Day Service
We ship your parcels same-day, seven days a week, 364 days a year. It’s simple and stress-free.
We have 33 convenient, full service terminals or agent locations throughout the Maritimes.
Door to Door
We offer delivery in our major centres: Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, or Charlottetown.
When you ship your parcel to one of our locations, we will hold it for you until you can pick it up.
What We Ship
Ship your small packages to many locations in our network in our Maritime Bus Express Packs. It’s fast, reliable and affordable. Also ask about our 10 pack of pre-paid envelopes!
Did you know that we provide service to many medical clinics, labs and hospitals throughout the Maritimes? We provide same-day service within our network…the ideal solution for this type of shipment.
Did you know that Maritime Bus Parcel Express transports time sensitive water samples for municipalities, towns, and companies? Our same-day service and attention to detail ensure that samples are delivered safely.
Items or Documents
Whether it is a care package to a loved one, your summer tires, or business documents. We ship land titles, court documents and other sensitive materials for legal firms and courthouses throughout the Maritimes.
Shipping & Insurance Rates
*Please note: these rates are subject to surcharge & hst
Rates: Shipping Within Maritimes
Rates: Shipping From NB or PEI to Quebec or Ontario
Rates: Shipping from Nova Scotia to Quebec or Ontario
Rates: Door to Door Delivery in Major Centres
The following is a list of prohibited items when shipping with Maritime Bus:
Animals, including reptiles and insects, regardless of their size, whether in cages or not. Service animals are the only animal that may ride Maritime Bus
- Cash, Gift Cards
- Hazardous materials.
- Dangerous articles (ammunition, fireworks, flammable substances, radioactive materials, etc.).
- Perishable goods stored in polystyrene containers or any other containers that cannot be hermetically sealed.
- Household goods (electrical appliances, china, clocks, furniture, sewing machines, silverware, etc.).
- Tow bars, trailer hitches, etc.
- Fishing rods without cases.
- Liquids (including toiletry articles such as perfumes, which must always be kept in your carry-on luggage).
- Office equipment (photocopiers, etc.)
- Controlled or illegal substances.
- Oxygen bottles.
Shipped At Own Risk Items
These items are non-insurable, and include:
- Articles of extraordinary value
- articles other than baggage contained in cartons
- business machines
- uncased electronic devices
- fragile articles
- liquids, meat
- musical instruments without a case
- unprotected sports equipment
- valuable papers
- Any baggage claims for damage must be made immediately or within 24 hours of arrival to destination. Failing to do so will result in the claim being null and void
Packing Shipping Size & Dimensions
The maximum weight per package is 75 pounds.
The maximum dimensions that we can accommodate are 29″ H x 47″ W x 82″ L.
Individuals can now ship and receive cannabis within Canada. Cannabis is a regulated product with specific delivery requirements.
How much cannabis can I ship?
Canadians can share a maximum of 30 grams of dried, recreational cannabis with other adults (age varies by province) within Canada can be shipped on the bus as long as the packaging and quantity requirements and restrictions have been met.
What are the cannabis packaging requirements?
The sender needs to make sure the contents, packaging and labeling of their shipments follow all applicable legislation and regulations:
Odour-proof, tamper-proof and leak-proof inner and outer packaging.
Anonymous outer packaging without any marking or advertising that indicates what’s in the package.
Self-sealing and scent-blocking packaging can be purchased from Canada Post.
Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.)
What is Collect on Delivery?
It allows the sender to collect a fee from the person receiving a parcel delivery. We collect the payment on behalf of the sender before handing over the parcel, and remit the fee back to the shipper.
What is the C.O.D. Rate?
The sender must pay the C.O.D. fee of $3 plus shipping fees.
How it Works
You are only able to send a C.O.D. parcel if the recipient has requested the item.
- Bring your C.O.D. parcel to any of our shipping locations to have the item weighed.
- You pay the shipping fee, as well as the C.O.D. fee
- Specify the amount you want to collect from the recipient, as well as their information.
- The item can be picked up by the recipient at one of our locations, and can use any method of payment.
- If the C.O.D. item is delivered to their door* in larger centre, it will be charged on account so no payment needs to exchange hands.
- The payment is remitted to the sender.