If overnight service isn’t quick enough or you’re tired of tracking down couriers, we’re on it! Whatever your shipping needs, big or small, we can accommodate you!
During COVID-19 the bus carriers that we connect with, Orleans Express and Greyhound, have temporarily either halted service or reduced schedules, therefore connections to Quebec and points in Ontario can not be made at this time.
Shipping as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Find a Station
Use our Station & Location finder to locate your closest station to drop parcels. You'll also find the station hours, and contact information here!
2. Bring Your Parcel In
Our team will weigh your parcel, and calculate the distance it will travel to its destination. Insurance is included for up to $100 value, and you can see our shipping rates below.
3. Away it goes!
Your parcel will depart on the next available bus. Often times, this means your parcel can arrive at its destination same-day!
Why Choose Maritime Bus Parcel Express?
Same Day Service
We ship your parcels same-day, four days a week, all year long. It’s simple and stress-free.
We have 33 convenient, full service terminals or agent locations throughout the Maritimes.
Door to Door
We offer delivery in our major centres: Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, or Charlottetown.
When you ship your parcel to one of our locations, we will hold it for you until you can pick it up.
What We Ship
Ship your small packages to many locations in our network in our Maritime Bus Express Packs. It’s fast, reliable and affordable. Also ask about our 10 pack of pre-paid envelopes!
Did you know that we provide service to many medical clinics, labs and hospitals throughout the Maritimes? We provide same-day service within our network…the ideal solution for this type of shipment.
Did you know that Maritime Bus Parcel Express transports time sensitive water samples for municipalities, towns, and companies? Our same-day service and attention to detail ensure that samples are delivered safely.
Items or Documents
Whether it is a care package to a loved one, your summer tires, or business documents. We ship land titles, court documents and other sensitive materials for legal firms and courthouses throughout the Maritimes.
Shipping & Insurance Rates
*Please note: All rates are subject to applicable fees and taxes.
*Our full Terms & Conditions for shipping parcels is available here.
Rates: Shipping Within Maritimes
Rates: Shipping From NB or PEI to Quebec or Ontario
Rates: Shipping from Nova Scotia to Quebec or Ontario
Rates: Door to Door Delivery in Major Centres
The following is a list of prohibited items when shipping with Maritime Bus:
Animals, including reptiles and insects, regardless of their size, whether in cages or not. Service animals are the only animal that may ride Maritime Bus
- Cash, Gift Cards
- Hazardous materials.
- Dangerous articles (ammunition, fireworks, flammable substances, radioactive materials, etc.).
- Perishable goods stored in polystyrene containers or any other containers that cannot be hermetically sealed.
- Household goods (electrical appliances, china, clocks, furniture, sewing machines, silverware, etc.).
- Tow bars, trailer hitches, etc.
- Fishing rods without cases.
- Liquids (including toiletry articles such as perfumes, which must always be kept in your carry-on luggage).
- Office equipment (photocopiers, etc.)
- Controlled or illegal substances.
- Oxygen bottles.
Shipped At Own Risk Items
These items are non-insurable, and include:
- Articles of extraordinary value
- articles other than baggage contained in cartons
- business machines
- uncased electronic devices
- fragile articles
- liquids, meat
- musical instruments without a case
- unprotected sports equipment
- valuable papers
- Any baggage claims for damage must be made immediately or within 24 hours of arrival to destination. Failing to do so will result in the claim being null and void
Packing Shipping Size & Dimensions
The maximum weight per package is 75 pounds.
The maximum dimensions that we can accommodate are 29″ H x 47″ W x 82″ L.
Individuals can now ship and receive cannabis within Canada. Cannabis is a regulated product with specific delivery requirements.
How much cannabis can I ship?
Canadians can share a maximum of 30 grams of dried, recreational cannabis with other adults (age varies by province) within Canada can be shipped on the bus as long as the packaging and quantity requirements and restrictions have been met.
What are the cannabis packaging requirements?
The sender needs to make sure the contents, packaging and labeling of their shipments follow all applicable legislation and regulations:
Odour-proof, tamper-proof and leak-proof inner and outer packaging.
Anonymous outer packaging without any marking or advertising that indicates what’s in the package.
Self-sealing and scent-blocking packaging can be purchased from Canada Post.
Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.)
What is Collect on Delivery?
A COD parcel means the receiver must pay for the shipment prior to it leaving the destination station.
What is the C.O.D. Rate?
The fee for shipping a COD parcel is $3.00 and is added in at the time of shipping as a "Collect Fee". This MUST be paid by the receiver prior to leaving the station with the parcel.
How it Works
You are able to send a C.O.D. parcel if the recipient has agreed or requested the item be sent COD.
- Bring your C.O.D. parcel to any of our shipping locations to have the item weighed.
- The Receiver pays the shipping fee, as well as the C.O.D. fee and all other applicable fees and taxes.
- The item can be picked up by the recipient at the destination location, and can use any method of payment. but MUST be paid in full prior to leaving the station with the parcel.