Any passenger under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a passenger at least 14 years of age or older at all times.
NOTE: A child between the ages of 8-12 traveling with a companion that is 14 years of age or older, is not required to reserve Unaccompanied Children services. The companion traveling with the child must have identification indicating their date of birth.
Passengers between the ages of 8 and 12 years of age inclusive, may travel unaccompanied paying the child fare if the following conditions are met in their entirety:
- The passenger’s trip will begin and end in the Maritime Bus Network. NO TRANSFERS TO OTHER CARRIERS.
- Please note: Unaccompanied Minors can not travel when a Storm Warning has been issued in the Maritime Bus Network.
- The passenger’s trip will be no longer than 7.5 hours in duration.
- The passenger’s trip starting point must start during the daylight hours and will continue until destination within the Maritime Bus network is complete.
- Both the origin and destination stations are full service Passenger and Parcel agencies/terminals. No Flagstop or Airport can accept or depart an Unaccompanied Minor.
- The destination station will be open at the time the passenger is scheduled to arrive.
- Parent, Guardian, or Legal Custodian of the child must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form authorizing the child to make the trip and must be returned to the Customer Service Agent on duty. This form specifically names the person authorizing the trip and the person meeting the child at the destination station and the telephone number(s) which this person may be contacted. It also provides an emergency contact name and telephone number in the event it is needed.
- In order for the child to be released at the destination, the person named on the Unaccompanied Child Form as the one meeting the child must have positive picture identification, such as a driver’s license or Government issued identification card, and provide such to the agent at the destination station. Without such identification, the child will be released into the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement officials in the destination city.
- The parents/guardian and child must arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time
- The parents/guardian greeting the child upon arrival should at the destination location 15 minutes prior to the child arriving at the destination point.
If any of the above conditions are not met, then the Child must be accompanied by a passenger at least 14 years of age or older in order to travel.
The Unaccompanied Child Form is only valid for one leg of a journey. If the trip is purchased as a round trip there must be another Unaccompanied Child form filled in and left with the departing terminal/agency.
Tickets for Unaccompanied Children can only be purchased at our Terminals and Agencies and are not available online. Unaccompanied Children will also require a form to be filled out by a legal parent/guardian.