Terms & Conditions of Purchase & Carriage
Tickets are limited as endorsed and are non-transferable. The unauthorized resale of Maritime Bus tickets is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted. No reservations are accepted unless expressly stated otherwise. Tickets are valid ONLY for the schedule, date and time for which purchased. Maritime Bus is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Maritime Bus will accept single-sided paper tickets only or e-tickets along with an appropriate ID to gain access for boarding. Student fares will require support of a valid Student ID at time of purchase or boarding. All Maritime Bus tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Stop locations designated as Flag Stops require 3 hour advance purchase online to guarantee pickup or must be made by contacting the Maritime Bus Info center at 1.800.575.1807
Stop locations used for Halifax Airport Express shuttle service require passengers to make purchases a minimum 35 minutes before departure. Passenger pickup will occur between a range of the listed time and up to 10 minutes after.
Fares, Fees, and Itinerary Changes
Maritime Bus fares are only valid for the schedule, date and time for which quoted. All Maritime Bus fares may be subject to additional fees and taxes. All Maritime Bus transactions are subject to a transaction fee. Maritime Bus reserves the right to apply a fuel-surcharge on a per fare basis, in accordance with regulatory approval, reviewed quarterly. Requests of cancellation or alterations to purchased Maritime Bus tickets will result in a credit of the full fare plus applicable taxes and fees less 15% service fee. Alterations or changes to round trip passengers fares will result in the one-way fare being charged. Requests or changes must be made prior to the original travel date, schedule and time; otherwise , the ticket will be null and void. All fares are payable in Canadian dollars.
All Maritime Bus tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. Maritime Bus tickets will hold no value and will be considered expired once the scheduled departure, date and time have passed. Any passenger violating the Maritime Bus Passenger Code of Conduct or Baggage Liability, forfeit their right to any refund.
Maritime Bus DOES NOT GRANT ANY REFUNDS from third party Maritime Bus Agencies.
Any requests for a Maritime Bus ticket refund, suggesting EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCE, can be forwarded to the Maritime Bus claims department as outlined under the Refund Policy.
Maritime Bus schedules are subject to change. Maritime Bus may substitute alternate carrier or means of transportation. Maritime Bus will not be held liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, traffic, weather conditions or any other condition deemed beyond the control of Maritime Bus. Maritime Bus does not guarantee specific arrival and departure times. The times which appear in print or via maritimebus.com do not constitute guarantees, however Maritime Bus makes every effort to maintain the outlined departure and arrival times. Maritime Bus is not and cannot be held liable for any inconvenience or additional expense incurred by the passenger in the event of travel delays. Passengers are required to arrive at the departing location a minimum of 10 minutes prior to departure time. Maritime Bus recommends arrival to departing locations 30 minutes before departure time.
Limitation Of Liability To Connecting Services
Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who book with connecting services, not providing adequate connection time. Maritime Bus acknowledges guidelines posted for recommend arrival times of connecting services for airport, train and ferry arrival times. Maritime Bus will only be responsible for transportation on its own lines in accordance with its tariff rules and regulations. Maritime Bus assumes no responsibility for any acts of omissions of another party or interline carrier. Maritime Bus will not be liable for damages of loss, damage, or delay of interline carriers.
Maritime Bus provides carriage 2 pieces of baggage at no cost. Baggage liability for lost or damaged baggage is limited to the actual value to a maximum of $100 per passenger fare. Baggage liability is not based on baggage quantity. Maritime Bus has the right to refuse certain baggage and prohibited items as outlined in the Baggage Policy. Maritime Bus cannot be held liable for unchecked baggage, or baggage that does not meet the Maritime Bus Baggage Policy. All checked baggage must be properly marked with a Maritime Bus baggage tag, including the passengers name, end destination and contact information. Baggage claims for loss or damage must be supported by providing baggage tag receipt, which is the removable bottom half of a Maritime Bus baggage tag. Maritime Bus reserves the right to inspect and open checked baggage. Please follow the below links for further details:
Traveling With Mobility Devices
Passengers traveling with Maritime Bus which require the use of a wheelchair or scooter are required to notify Maritime Bus 72 hours in advance. Please contact a Maritime Bus Customer Service Agent by phone at 1.800.575.1807.
Traveling With Animals
Maritime Bus is unable to provide carriage of animals, with the exception of trained service animals. Passengers traveling with certified service animals are responsible for the animal and are required to have the animal under control at all times (harnessed, leashed or carrier). Maritime Bus reserves the right to refuse travel to any service animal which may pose a direct threat to the safety of any other Maritime Bus passenger and who do not have certification card information. Please notify one of our Maritime Bus staff that assistance may be required during your travels.
Maritime Bus prohibits smoking on all buses in accordance with Federal law. Furthermore, the use of electronic simulated smoking materials, e-cigarettes, and smokeless cigarettes, is also prohibited. All passengers commit to adhering to our Passenger Code of Conduct while onboard.
- Maritime Bus will not be held liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, traffic, weather conditions, or any other condition beyond the control of Maritime Bus.
- Maritime Bus does not guarantee specific arrival and departure times. These specific times which appear in print or on the website maritimebus.com do not constitute guarantees. Maritime Bus makes every effort to maintain the outlined departure and arrival times. Maritime Bus is not and cannot be held liable for any inconvenience or additional expense incurred by the passenger in the event of delays.
- Schedules and services are subject to change without notice. Maritime Bus may substitute alternate Carrier’s or means of transportation.
- Tickets sold are non-transferable and, if presented for passage by any person other than the one named on the ticket, may become void and confiscated by an authorized Maritime Bus employee/agent.
- Maritime Bus is not liable for expenses incurred due to delays which cause missed connections with connecting services such as AIRLINES, BUS SERVICES, FERRY SERVICES OR TRAINS. Maritime Bus will not incur any expense due to travel delays.
- Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who book with connecting services not providing adequate connection time. Maritime Bus recommends adhering to guidelines posted for recommended arrival times of connecting services.
- Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who do not comply with the Maritime Bus "Passenger Code Of Conduct" or "Baggage Policy". Any passenger who violates the aforementioned code of conduct or baggage policy waives their right to a refund.
- Maritime Bus will only be responsible for transportation on its own lines in accordance with its tariff rules and regulations. Maritime Bus assumes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of another party or Interline carrier.
Passenger Code of Conduct
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, and unruly behaviour: Maritime Bus has a ZERO tolerance policy for consuming alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, and unruly behavior on the bus. Smoking is prohibited on Maritime Bus in accordance with Federal law.
- Mobile and electronic devices: Mobile and electronic devices are ever present in today’s world. If you decide to take the time while traveling to listen to music, play games, or watch a movie on your handheld device, we encourage you to use headphones and keep the volume to a reasonable level. The same can be said if you need to answer a call and chat.
- Food and refreshments: While Maritime Bus does not provide food and refreshments on board, passengers are permitted to take and enjoy their own food with them. All we ask is that you respect the bus and help keep them clean and tidy! Avoid any spills and look for the trash bins on board or take your trash with you when getting off.