Shipping as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Choose a Station
- Use our Station & Location finder to locate your closest location to drop parcels.
- You'll also find the station hours, and contact information here.
- You can use our Schedule Finder to know when the bus will depart your station, so you have your parcel there in time.
- Stations also gladly accept parcels for shipping on days no bus is scheduled.
2. Bring Your Parcel In
- Our team will weigh your parcel, and calculate the distance it will travel to its destination.
- Insurance is included for up to $100 value, and you can see our shipping rates below.
- We recommend you drop your parcel at least one hour prior to the bus's scheduled departure time to allow our team time to process and load parcels.
3. Away it goes!
- Your parcel will depart on the next available bus.
- Upon arrival, all parcels must be unloaded from the bus, and processed for pick up.
- The recipient will receive a phone call when their parcel is ready to be picked up which may be the next day.
- Parcels are securely held until the recipient can collect it.
How Shipping Works
How to Address Your Package
- Your package does not need to be specially wrapped - any clean, secure, sealed and contained box or container is adequate.
- At the station, you will be asked to provide the sender's name and phone number, as well as the recipient's name and phone number.
- The employee will add this to your parcel slip (called a Waybill) that will be put directly onto the package. This waybill also has your transaction ID.
- Recipients will be notified by phone when their parcel is ready for pick up.
Our Shipping Locations
- Lower Sackville
- New Glasgow
- New Minas
- North Sydney
- Port Hawkesbury
Prince Edward Island
- Grand Falls
- Saint John
Why Choose Maritime Bus Parcel Express?
Same Day or Next Day Service: for the same price as week long shipping with major carriers within the Maritimes.
We're Connected: We have over 40 convenient, full service terminals or agent locations throughout the Maritimes. Find your nearest one.
Door to Door Delivery: We offer delivery in our major centres: Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, or Charlottetown. Arrange it directly through the terminal.
We're Secure: When you ship your parcel to one of our locations, we will hold it for you until you can pick it up.
Contactless Shipping: We have introduced contactless pick up and drop off at our 7 major terminals. Get in touch to book your pick up or drop off time.
What Can I Ship?
Here is the list of prohibited items on board Maritime Bus vehicles:
- Animals, including all reptiles and insects, regardless of their size, whether caged or not. Only service animals are accepted on board Maritime Bus vehicles.
- Any hazardous material.
- Any dangerous item (e.g. ammunition, fireworks, flammable substances, radioactive materials, etc.).
- Any perishable item in a polystyrene container or any container that is not hermetically sealed.
- Household appliances (e.g. electrical appliances, porcelain, clocks, furniture, sewing machines, silverware, etc.).
- Tow bars, trailer hitches, etc.
- Fishing rods without carrying case.
- Liquids (including toiletries such as perfumes; these should always be in your carry-on baggage).
- Office equipment (e.g. photocopiers, etc.)
- Controlled or illegal substances.
- Oxygen cylinders.
Maritime Bus reserves the right to search and verify baggage contents at any time.
Items Sent at Shipper's Risk
Maritime Bus will not be held responsible for loss or damage to items that have been identified as being transported at the risk of their owner.
- high value items
- any item placed in a cardboard box
- any office machine
- any electronic device not stored in a container used for shipping, such as camera, computer, laptop
- fragile items
- watches and jewelry
- musical instruments not stored in their case
- sports equipment not stored in a container intended for transport
- antiques and important documents.
A claim must be made immediately following the event or within 24 hours of arrival at destination, after which any claim will be considered null and void