During COVID-19 the bus carriers that we connect with in Ontario and Quebec have temporarily either halted service or reduced schedules, therefore we are only able to ship within the Maritimes at this time.
Shipping as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Find a Station
Use our Station & Location finder to locate your closest location to drop parcels. You'll also find the station hours, and contact information here!
2. Bring Your Parcel In
Our team will weigh your parcel, and calculate the distance it will travel to its destination. Insurance is included for up to $100 value, and you can see our shipping rates below.
3. Away it goes!
Your parcel will depart on the next available bus. Often times, this means your parcel can arrive at its destination same-day!
Why Choose Maritime Bus Parcel Express?
Same Day or Next Day Service: for the same price as week long shipping with major carriers
We're Connected: We have 33 convenient, full service terminals or agent locations throughout the Maritimes
Door to Door Delivery: We offer delivery in our major centres: Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, or Charlottetown.
We're Secure: When you ship your parcel to one of our locations, we will hold it for you until you can pick it up.
Shipping & Insurance Rates
*Please note: All rates are subject to applicable fees and taxes.
*Our full Terms & Conditions for shipping parcels is available here.
Rates: Shipping Within Maritimes
Rates: Door to Door Delivery in Major Centres
The following is a list of prohibited items when shipping with Maritime Bus:
Animals, including reptiles and insects, regardless of their size, whether in cages or not. Service animals are the only animal that may ride Maritime Bus
- Cash, Gift Cards
- Hazardous materials.
- Dangerous articles (ammunition, fireworks, flammable substances, radioactive materials, etc.).
- Perishable goods stored in polystyrene containers or any other containers that cannot be hermetically sealed.
- Household goods (electrical appliances, china, clocks, furniture, sewing machines, silverware, etc.).
- Tow bars, trailer hitches, etc.
- Fishing rods without cases.
- Liquids (including toiletry articles such as perfumes, which must always be kept in your carry-on luggage).
- Office equipment (photocopiers, etc.)
- Controlled or illegal substances.
- Oxygen bottles.
Shipped At Own Risk Items
These items are non-insurable, and include:
- Articles of extraordinary value
- articles other than baggage contained in cartons
- business machines
- uncased electronic devices
- fragile articles
- liquids, meat
- musical instruments without a case
- unprotected sports equipment
- valuable papers
- Any baggage claims for damage must be made immediately or within 24 hours of arrival to destination. Failing to do so will result in the claim being null and void
Packing Shipping Size & Dimensions
The maximum weight per package is 75 pounds.
The maximum dimensions that we can accommodate are 29″ H x 47″ W x 82″ L.
Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.)
What is Collect on Delivery?
A COD parcel means the receiver must pay for the shipment prior to it leaving the destination station.
What is the C.O.D. Rate?
The fee for shipping a COD parcel is $3.00 and is added in at the time of shipping as a "Collect Fee". This MUST be paid by the receiver prior to leaving the station with the parcel.
How it Works
You are able to send a C.O.D. parcel if the recipient has agreed or requested the item be sent COD.
- Bring your C.O.D. parcel to any of our shipping locations to have the item weighed.
- The Receiver pays the shipping fee, as well as the C.O.D. fee and all other applicable fees and taxes.
- The item can be picked up by the recipient at the destination location, and can use any method of payment. but MUST be paid in full prior to leaving the station with the parcel.